Borough residents are to place garbage outside their garage doors by 7:00 am on collection day. The garbage handlers do not always follow the same schedule so collection times can vary. If your garbage has not been collected by 4:00 pm on your regular collection day, please call 1 (855) 494-3345.
- 7 am deadline – The contract requires that all trash be placed outside by 7 am. The collector will not return for trash that is not out by 7 am.
- Snow-covered driveways – If it is snowing or snow is forecasted on the day of your collection, you should bring your garbage to the curb if there is any chance that your driveway will not be plowed by the time the trash collectors arrive.
- Blocked driveways – If the driveway is blocked on collection day by any obstacle such as a vehicle or equipment, the contractor will bypass collection and not return until the following week. If you know your driveway will be blocked on collection day, please place the garbage cans at the curb.
- Holidays – There are only six holidays during the year when garbage is not collected: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christ
- mas. When one of those days falls during the workweek, all collections will be delayed one day beginning on the day of the holiday.
- Improper bagging – All garbage must be bagged and tied before placing it in your garbage container. Bags need to be 33 gallons or less and cannot weigh more than 45 lbs. Do not place your waste in contractor bags or individual grocery store plastic bags. Failure to comply will result in your garbage not being collected.
- Recycling – Place loose, cleaned recyclables in the Borough-provided recycling container. Break down cardboard boxes and place in or beside the container for pickup. Materials must be dry. Vogel does not accept glass materials, do not include in your recycling container. Recyclables mixed with trash or bagged will not be collected. Failure to comply will result in your recycling not being collected.
- Glass Recycling – Glass recycling is available to residents behind the Borough building during rubbish bin hours, Saturdays and Sundays from 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Loose dogs – The garbage collector will not collect garbage where property owners allow their dogs to run loose on collection day. Please have your pet brought inside on your collection day. Property owners are reminded that there is a leash law mandated by the State and that all dogs must be on a leash for their protection and the protection of others.
- Yard Waste – Vogel will collect two bags (not to exceed 33 gal or 45 lbs each) of grass clippings per residence/per week per DEP regulations.